Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Animatic v.03

Raw, still adding in things. 2 Sequences need to be added but couldn't due to files being in different places. Major differences: 2nd dinner gag, post-dinner ticket loss, new ambience/scene transitions.

4 comments:

  1. I think there needs to be a longer pause on the two of them on the bench followed by the pan up. That way the audience thinks he is leaving them be but then we find he is still there making the last gag funnier. Plus its kind of a beauty shot with the river and all that we want to be able to see it for a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it was very sudden. there actually wasn't a pause just a pan up. I didn't have time to understand what I was seeing and react to the couple being together.

    also earlier in the film where the food gets spilled with the waiter I still had a hard time reading what exactly happened.

    the shots with rain worked a lot better than before. I wonder if the rain is even needed though. I feel like it's just a tactic to explain water on the streets to get a visual effect we want but is it really necessary and will it add to the film?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's kinda weird when they look up at the flower in the wine glass, since it's just their reflections in the glass. Also its confusing to me why the dad is going invisible sometimes, because we already know that he is invisible to the other characters and him being invisible to the audience just reduces clarity. Though I think that Papa's disappearing act could work if more POV shots are used and that Papa's intentions are made extremely super clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also why a flower. Who goes to a restaurant and gets a flower in their drink? Maybe a lemon wedge haha

    ReplyDelete