Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Animatic v.01

This edit was to determine run-time/sequence length. Keep in mind there are long holds on frames because of acting choices that will take place in the film at that moment.


My proposed breakdown of the film, with current times on animatic:
"A" sequence = 40 sec. Intro + Pickup for date/house scene.
"B" sequence = 1 min. Restaurant dinner scene. 
"C" sequence = 55 sec. Street scene. Dad throws movie tickets, near-fatal car incident. Boy saves girl.
"D" Sequence = 25 sec. Couple walks away together. Dad resolves to change.

I'm predicting +1:00 will be added to film length due to:
-Performance choices that establish character.
-Breathing room for audience between events, establishment of ambience (depends on art direction).
-Setting up jokes/scene changes.

Sequence C will need a bit of stretching for dramatic effect in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Im just going to post the videos I found here so we dont clog up this blog with them. Stephanie asked us to put them on pintrest but I dont know how videos work with that. So here are the links to the videos I found:

    This one took me forever to find but I think we can look at it for the inside the cafe shots:French Roast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6M3VrPyFyY

    IN this next one there are a few areas where we can see some helpful changes in expression (like when the lightbulb in the lighthouse burns out) and there is a scene at the end that is similar to our final car in the street scene where we can see how we can play that up in tension: Le phare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf9WQlWZ54w


    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno if this is where we make suggestions, but at the part where Papa was watching them at the table, I thought at first that he was coming up through the table itself, instead of just at the side.

    He wouldn't have to stay there the whole time, of course, but I was thinking it might help emphasize his physical separation from the situation as they joined hands through his face or something.

    Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete